Welcome to Community Church! Today we celebrate Pentecost 2017 which is the day the Spirit was poured out upon the early group of believers. We celebrate the Holy Spirit in our lives and are praying for more of His Spirit in our church!
This morning, there will be an opportunity to light candles that are symbolic of the Spirit’s presence in our lives. Everyone is reminded to be careful with their candles and parents and grandparents should use discretion whether their children/grandchildren should have lit candles. May God bless the special time of worship that we have today!
After this morning’s service, our annual congregational meeting will be held to elect Council members and approve the annual budget. This meeting is open for everyone to attend, but only those who are professing members 18 years old and older are able to officially vote. Absentee ballots are accepted for the election of Council members which should include a ballot inside an enclosed envelope the members name on the outside. Approval of the budget is usually done by a voice vote.
Evening Prayer Service: On this Pentecost Sunday, let’s join together to celebrate the Spirit’s presence in our lives and ministry and pray that we can experience more of His Spirit! Everyone is welcome!
Communion: Next Sunday, we will be celebrating the sacrament of communion at our morning service. Please take the time to prepare yourself for this special part of our worship service.
Next Sunday Evening, we will have a special opportunity for DUSTIN SAYLOR to minister to us through his music ministry at 6 PM. Refreshments will be served. A free will offering will be accepted.
Church Workbee: Next Saturday, June 10, we will be having a work-bee from 8 AM – Noon. Assorted projects both inside and outside are available to work on! Come anytime in the morning and help us care for our building and grounds!!! If you have questions, see Dennis Howe.
Wednesday Night Pentecost Study: Pastor Dave is leading a study at 7:00 PM on Wednesdays to help us grow in our understanding and experience of the Holy Spirit in our lives. This study continues through the month of June. This study group is open for everyone.
A. Please be in prayer for healing, strength and comfort for our brothers and sisters in Christ.
– Charlie B. returned home from the hospital this past week.
– Marlene R. continues to stay at Crestview Rehab.
– Our sympathy is extended to Rich and Michelle V. & family at the passing of Rich’s mother Angie this past weekend.
– Our sympathy is extended to Brad and Dana P. & family at the loss of their unborn baby girl, Breslyn Jo, on May 26.
– Rich S. and Terry S. would like to thank those that remembered them with cards and prayer following the recent passing of Rich’s granddaughter. Your love and encouragement was much appreciated.
Birthday Calendar Correction: June 5th should be George) M. IV (age 10
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS:
June 10 8 AM-Noon Church Work Bee
June 11 6 PM Dustin Saylor Music Ministry
June 24 10 AM Mobile Food Truck
June 24 Noon-3 PM Church Picnic at Ideal Park
July 10-13 6:30-8:30 PM Vacation Bible School
July 15 9 AM-3 PM Flea Market & Neighborhood Sale
Church Family Picnic: June 24th from 12PM – 3PM at Ideal Park @ Shelter Area. Fellowship, Food & Fun! Games for all ages. Prizes.
Potluck Meal*: 12:15 PM
– Games for All Ages: including a Cake Walk**
– Kids Games with prizes
– Balloon Toss for adults with prize
– And more!
Lots of time to chat & enjoy fellowship!!
* Everyone is asked to bring a dish to pass & your own place settings (plates & utensils). Hotdogs, hamburgers, water and juice will be provided-if you prefer a different beverage please bring your own
** Everyone is asked to bring a cake or baked good for the Cake Walk; please use a disposable container/dish
Vacation Bible School: July 10-13 6:30-8:30 PM
This year, our theme is CAVE QUEST: Following Jesus Light of the World. We are in need of various supplies for our lessons and activities. Most of all, we ask for prayer that many children can be reached in our neighborhood. Thank you very much!
Donation Need List for 2017 VBS:
▪ 10 beach balls (big inflatable found at the Dollar Tree)
▪ A small size clean blue tarp (no paint specks)
▪ Three cardboard refrigerator boxes (unflattened)-you can ask your local Lowe’s or Home Depot.
▪ 3 packs (of eight or ten) of washable broad-tip Crayola markers
▪ 25 individual-sized Play dough (Play-Doh brand)
▪ 24 – 1 pound containers of corn starch (or equivalent)
Please contact Deb D. to let her know what you plan to donate so there won’t be duplicates.
Community Church Flea Market and Neigborhood Block Sale:
SATURDAY, JULY 15 from 9 AM – 3 PM
The church will be having a flea market and neighborhood residents will be holding sales at their homes. The event will be well publicized and we anticipate bringing in lots of traffic, so sales should do well!
To Sell: Spaces are $15 each or $20 including one table. Please speak with Tamra Poll to reserve your space.
Community Church Bake Sale Table: Donations of baked goods will be accepted to be sold during the flea market. If you would like to donate, please sign up on the sheet in the lobby.
Sale Items Not Being Accepted by the Church: Please note we will NOT have a Community Gold table so we will NOT be accepting donations of items to be sold. If you have items to sell you may reserve a space to sell, offer items to others who are planning to sell, or donate them to a local resale store.
Please pray for the persecuted: Pray for Christians in Somalia who feel forced to keep their faith to themselves or risk martyrdom if it is discovered. Pray that they will have wisdom and discernment in sharing the gospel with others. Pray that they do so with quiet boldness and a sense of God’s presence.