Welcome To Community Church! Today, Pastor Dave helps us focus on having a thankful heart no matter what situation we find ourselves in as we draw near to Thanksgiving Day! This evening, Pastor Dave will go deeper into what a life of thanksgiving looks like at our evening service. May the Spirit work in giving us hearts of thanksgiving today as we worship Him!
Everyone Is Invited to join in a special time of refreshments served between our morning worship services. This morning’s treats are provided by Rick R. and Bonnie T. in honor of Helen R.’s 95TH birthday (tomorrow, November 6). Praise God that we are able to celebrate this milestone with Mrs. R. who is the oldest living member at Community Church.
Study Break Week: Pastor Dave will be out of the office this week for a study break as he takes extra time for devotional time and works on sermon planning for Advent and the new year. If you have a special need this week, contact Pastor Ezra, Bonnie Thomas or one of the Elders.
- Pat G. is at Spectrum Health Rehab. Let’s lift her in prayer for strength and healing. You may send notes of encouragement to: Pat G.
- A Big Thank-You From Pastor Dave & Sandi and Pastor Ezra & Becky for everyone who remembered them in October for Pastor’s Appreciation Month with cards, gifts and special notes of appreciation! They were all very much appreciated!
Pictures Update: The free 8×10 photo of those that did not purchase additional pictures are available for pick-up this morning between worship services at the nursery counter.
Post High & Twenty Somethings are invited to a GYM NIGHT on Tues., Nov. 21 at North Godwin Elementary at 6:30 PM.
Collecting For Thanksgiving Baskets: As you do your holiday shopping, please consider picking up a few items that we may include in Thanksgiving Baskets for those in our area that have a need. Items needed include (but are not limited to): turkeys, hams, instant potatoes, gravy, cranberries, canned vegetables, stuffing, and boxed desserts BRING ITEMS NEXT SUNDAY:
There will be an opportunity to bring donated items to the front of the sanctuary during next Sunday’s worship services. If you prefer not to purchase and donate items but still want to help fill baskets, you may donate funds (please note that it is for Thanksgiving Baskets before placing it in the offering plate as it passes).
Friendly Reminder From The Nursery Committee:
- First and foremost, thank you to all who have volunteered this year in nursery. We have seen an increase in attendance, what a blessing!
- IF you cannot attend nursery at a certain service, please find a substitute or switch with someone. Then please let Dawn know.
- Nursery is for ages 4 and under-PLEASE respect this condition. Thank you.
- We can still use more volunteers for the 11:30 a.m. service. Even once a season is very appreciated! Contact Deb D or Kay V to be added.
- If you use the nursery during the week, PLEASE respectfully clean it up so the next group using it finds it inviting. Thank you!!
Pray For the Persecuted: Let’s lift Ruth and Armando in prayer as they serve in Mindanao, the largest island in the Philippines. The work is dangerous, and can be lonely and discouraging. Give thanks to God that thus far their lives have been spared. Pray also for their daughter who is studying as a pastor and plans to return to the Philippines. Pray for God’s continued protection and that He may give them support and encouragement.
Attention Ministry Students: The Classis Ministerial Leadership Team Of Classis Grand Rapids South is now accepting applications for financial assistance for students who believe their educational training in collegiate or graduate studies will lead them into part-time or full-time ministry in the Christian Reformed Church. Applications for aid during the 2018-2019 academic year must be completed and turned into the Classis Ministerial Leadership Team by February 15, 2018.
Please apply at onefaithmanyfaces.org/leadership-development. If you have any questions, please contact Rev. Stephen DeWit with questions at: email@example.com or call 616-452-9686. Please note that students who are currently receiving financial assistance from the classis must reapply each year.