Welcome To Community Church! Today we start our summer schedule for worship service with just one 10:00 AM service. We take time to remember stories of God’s love for us in Jesus Christ and are challenged to share them. May God bless our worship today!
Next Sunday Congregational Meeting: Following next Sunday’s worship service we will hold our annual Congregational Meeting. Meeting agendas have been distributed in church mailboxes with additional copies available on the table in the lobby. If you have questions, feel free to talk to Pastor Dave or one of the Council Members.
Godwin Elementary School Liaison Position: We are looking to hire a new Godwin Elementary School liaison, about a five hour a week position, which focuses on recruiting volunteers for tutoring at the elementary school, assisting in certain events, and helping with the Hand to Hand Ministry. If you are interested in applying for the position, see Pastor Dave for an application. Deadline for applying is Sunday, June 2.
– Barbara V. remains at rehab following a recent fall. Let’s lift Barbara in prayer that the Great Healer may bless her with a quick and complete healing, comfort, mobility and strength.
– Our Christian sympathy is extended to Arnie and Shirley S at the passing of Shirley’s sister Martheen Griffioen this past week. May our Lord bless them and their families with His peace and comfort during this difficult time.
Plan For Your Future! Edward Jones Investment advisors will be at Community Church on Wednesday, June 19 from 11 AM to 1 PM for a two-session seminar to discuss estate planning and investment strategies; lunch will be provided. There is no cost, no age or health requirements, no sales pressure. Plan to invest a couple hours on June 19 to help prepare for your future. So that we get the appropriate amount of food for lunch, you are asked to sign up on the sheet located on the information table if you can come. Questions? Speak with Dave Klooster, Judy Myszak, or Pat Bloem.
VBS 2019: Deep Sea Discovery will be July 8 – 11 from 6:30 to 8 PM. We are asking for donations to help keep expenses down. If you are able to donate any of the following it would be much appreciated. If you have any questions, contact Becky L.
• 10 boxes of original flavor Goldfish crackers (regular size)
• 10 boxes original flavor graham crackers (regular size)
• 20 packs of gummy worms (we need 800 gummy worms total)
• 3 packs of gumdrops (we need 100 gumdrops total)
• 3 jumbo sized tubs of white frosting (found at Gordon Foods or maybe Costco/Sam’s Club)
• blue plastic tablecloths
• blue crepe paper
• green crepe paper